Handmade from glass beads, crystal, metal beads and findings, this tin soldier is a perfect decoration for the Christmas tree. Follow our free beading instructions to make your own Christmas ornament, or as a decoration to hang in the window.
- 4 x 50mm black headpins (arms and legs)
- 4 x 6mm black rondelle glass crystal beads (hands and feet)
- 6 x 4mm red cube glass beads (arms)
- 2 x black filigree bead caps (shoulders)
- 2 x 6mm black cube glass beads (boots)
- 2 x 13x6mm red glass beads (legs)
- 1 x 70mm black pin (body)
- 1 x black 6mm strong jump ring
- 1 x extra large square bead cap (skirt)
- 1 x 8mm blue glass crystal cube bead (stomach)
- 1 x extra large flat spacer (belt)
- 1 x 12mm blue/silver rondelle glass crystal bead (chest)
- 1 x 3 strand thin spacer bar
- 1 x 12mm ivory glass pearl bead (head)
- 1 x 10mm black rondelle glass crystal bead (hat)
- 1 x 10mm black diamante rondelle spacer (hatband)
- 1 x 4mm black cube glass bead (hat)
- 1 x 50mm black eye pin
- Wire Cutters
- Twirly Wirlie Pliers
- Crimping Pliers
TO MAKE THE ARMS
Pick up one of your head pins and thread onto it:
- a black 6mm rondelle glass crystal bead
- 3 x 4mm red glass cube beads
- a black filigree bead cap “cupping” the last red cube.
Leaving an 8mm gap at the top, cut off and turn a loop, then make the second arm.
TO MAKE THE LEGS
Pick up a head pin and thread onto it:
- a 6mm black rondelle crystal bead
- a 6mm black cube bead
- a 13 x 6mm red rectangle glass bead.
Leaving an 8mm gap at the top, cut off and turn a loop. Repeat for the other leg.
TO MAKE THE BODY
Make a loop in the long black pin, then connect the two legs to said loop with a 6mm strong jump ring. Thread on the extra large bead cap (open end facing down towards the legs) then thread on:
- 8mm blue crystal cube
- large flat spacer
- 12mm silver blue crystal rondelle
- 3 strand spacer bar (through centre hole)
- 12mm ivory glass pearl
- 12mm black diamante rondelle spacer
- 10mm black crystal glass rondelle
- 4mm black cube bead
Leaving an 8mm gap at the top, cut off and turn a loop.
Attach the arms by opening the loops at the top of each and attaching to the end holes on the spacer bars.
Using the 50mm eyepin, fashion a large S hook for hanging your tin soldier.
© www.eurekabeads.com.au These free beading instructions may be used for personal use only [EX50656]