With the majority of the population owning a smart phone these days, the best way to stand out from the crowd is to have a unique phone cover. This phone cover features plastic diamantes and a funky cameo - follow our instructions to create your own!
- approx 1 grams 3mm metallic plastic diamantes
- approx 3.5 grams 3mm teal plastic diamantes
- blank phone cover
- 1 large owl cameo
- approx 0.7 grams 4.5mm teal plastic diamantes
- printer, paper, scissors
- blutack wand/jewel setter tool (see below)
- This style of bling phone cover will work for any style of phone - we've created a pattern for the iPhone 4, but with the right blank case, you can do it for any phone. You just need a blank case, some bling and a bit of creativity! Download the iPhone 4 pattern by clicking the image above.
- To pick up the plastic diamantes, you can use tweezers or a magic pick up tool. Alternatively, you can do what we did and make your own. Simply use a pencil and a blob of blutack stuck to the end - this will give you enough grip to pick up the diamantes, but should still allow them to 'let go' when sticking them down.
Cut out the pattern for your phone and slide underneath the blank cover. Glue down the cameo in the centre of the phone cover. Add a dab of glue to the phone cover just above the cameo, to start the teal border. Pick up one of the teal 4.5mm diamantes with your blutack wand and stick down in the glue. Repeat until you have created the teal border (we recommend placing dot 5 or 6 dots of glue followed by diamantes and then repeating).
Repeat the process with the teal 3mm diamantes to create the starburst. Finally, repeat the process with the metallic 3mm diamantes, starting from just beyond the starburst and working your way out to the edge of the cover.
Once you have finished, leave your cover to dry for a day or so before putting it onto your phone.
© www.eurekabeads.com.au These free beading instructions may be used for personal use only [EX05721 EX99721]